DissolvIt: in vitro
DissolvIt enables in vitro simulation of absorption and dissolution of respirable particles in the lung epithelium.
In the patented DissolvIt in vitro module dry powder particles are deposited on a glass surface by PreciseInhale. The particles are then brought into contact with a simulated lung/airway mucus and the dissolution is studied, from the ‘luminal’ side through optical microscopy and from the ‘vascular’ side by chemical analysis of a flow-past perfusion medium.
The system consists of a dissolution chamber, a precision-controlled peristaltic pump and an inverted microscope with a high resolution camera. The dissolution chamber is perfused in single-pass mode after which the blood simulant is collected in a fraction collector. The entire system is thermostatted to 37° C.
Key benefits and features:
- Ranks substances according to solubility
- Monitors absorption as well as dissolution
- Identifies successful, effective Drug Candidates early on
- Delivers exceptionally detailed data incl. Cmax and Tmax curves
- Optical microscopy shows real-time dissolution of particles
- Customizable, programmable Fraction Collector for flexible sampling